Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I can see again!

On Saturday night Ty hit me really hard with a coupon book... square on my eyeball! It hurt so bad!!! I ended up going to the eye doctor (that I used to work for and my mom still does). Turns out that Ty has REALLY good aim. He took off a good 1/4 of my cornea! I now have a bandage on my eye, that will be removed Friday, and I'm on a few different eye drops. Doctor said that normally he would prescribe painkillers BUT I'm pregnant so he couldn't. Apparently it is a pretty serious injury and will take a few months to fully recover. Too much fun! He is trying to get my cornea stable before I have Ruby (in 30 days!!!) because, apparently, my "new" cornea could just "fall off" putting me back at square one, aack!

Oh well, it makes for a great story and at least I can see again. And, no, I didn't take any pictures...#1 I couldn't even open my eye and #2 It was really gross!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds absolutely horrible! Not exactly what you need right now. I hope you're also surviving the heat! What a summer!
    P.S. The banana bread was a huge hit! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH! Do you really only have 30 days left?! HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry bout the eye. Boys!!! ;) I can't wait to see your little girl See is going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete